CDS will plan and implement the clinic-based or in home program in compliance with company and funding sources standards.
The following duties are not intended to serves as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be require to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- CDS will perform a variety of technical tasks relative to child development, including the development of weekly lesson plans that involve age-level developmentally appropriate activities and that demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in planning programs and in the use of materials.
- CDS will complete Developmental Evaluations and write a report outlining outcomes, goals and recommendations
- CDS will treat client in the some or all of the following developmental areas:
- Recptive Language
- Expressive Language
- Gross Motor
- Fine Motor
- Adaptive Behavior
- Organizes and participates in games; reads stories and teaches simple painting, drawing, handwork, songs and similar activities; helps children develop habits of caring for own clothing and picking up and putting away toys and books. Maintains discipline, physical organization and cleanliness in the classroom.
- Communicates informally with parents on children’s progress and behavior.
Attends all scheduled staff meetings; plans and implements staff training as requested.
- Attends the workplace regularly as per the defined work schedule and reports to work punctually.
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions
- Participates in the development of outcomes, monitors assessment of those appropriate outcomes, and assists in the development of plans of action for improvement based on the assessment of those outcomes.
- Promotes positive morale and teamwork within the company and provides exceptional customer service to students and community. Should have good working relationship with colleges (ie: ST, PT, OT, admin staff)
- Regularly cleans and sanitizes therapy materials and maintains a neat working environment
- Educates patient/family regarding therapeutic exercises, activities and equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Child Care and Development or a closely related field from an accredited college or university, plus one (1) or more years of experience working in related field
- Documents patient encounters in appropriate format.
- Daily sign in sheet
- Daily SOAP note
- Provides statistics as requested.
- Will submit attendance log with appropriate documentation on the 15th of every month, and on the last day of the month.
- Will submit milage and end of month if applicable
- Will write progress reports as needed
- May be required to work outside the traditional work schedule.
- May be called to work off-shift in emergency situations
- CPR certification
- Negative TB test
- Bilingual in any language a plus (i.e.: Spanish, Armenian, Arabic, Korean, etc)
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Standing, repetitive movements, lifting weights of various amounts (not to exceed 15 lbs.), sitting on floor, bending/squatting, walking, driving, etc.
Please note: This of description is not an offer of employment, and does not in any manner constitute an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.